What is coronavirus infection?
It is a viral infection that can cause symptoms like a cold or flu, including:
FEVER, SORE THROAT, COUGHING and SNEEZING, BREATHING DIFFICULTIES
There is no vaccine or special treatment for the disease.
Is it dangerous?
Most cases are mild and people get better with enough rest, lots of water to drink and medicine for pain.
Some cases are more serious or even deadly.
It can be dangerous especially for old people, babies and people who are ill before they get infected.
How can I catch the virus?
You can only catch the virus by
*close contact to an infected person
*being coughed or sneezed on by an infected person
*touching a surface that’s contaminated by the cough or sneeze of an infected person and then touching your face.
What can I do?
We all need to avoid spreading the virus! This is what you can do:
1) Wash your hands with water and soap
- Before cooking and eating
- After eating
- After toilet
- Before going into work or school or home
2) Catch your coughs and sneezes
Cough and sneeze into a tissue,
or your elbow
3) Don’t touch your face
You might have virus on your hands from a contaminated surface!
Don’t share cups, bottles, dishes and pencils with other people!
4) Keep your distance
Stay 3 paces away from:
5) If you are sick – Home Isolation!
- Stay in the house
- Don’t go to work or school or on visits
- Don’t allow visitors into the house (only the people who live with you)
- Ask someone else to get you food, water and medicine
- Send someone to the doctor to let them know you are sick
If you are healthy, check if anyone in the community needs help!